Record Sales at Tattykeel On Property Auction
OBERON, New South Wales
The Tattykeel Australian White on-property auction hit new records for the highest price ever paid for meat breed sheep! In a sale grossing $5.628 million, the Glenowra Australian White sheep stud is privileged to announce the purchase of the Tattykeel stud ram 201553, as well as eight other flock rams, to build our stud and commercial line in accordance with our core values of quality and consistency.
With an average of $15, 600 across the draft, Glenowra wants to ensure that only the best genetics are used to build our stud and commercial line to ensure our clients can trust in the genetic integrity of our stock. The Tattykeel stud is the birthplace of the Australian White Sheep and is a well-known and respected name in the Australian sheep breeding industry, with the bloodline attracting such value that ewes are now certified with a red ear tag.
What is it that makes the Australian White sheep such a record-breaking breed? There are several reasons for this:
- Specifically bred to be adapted to the harsh Australian climate
- Lambs are hardy, large framed and gain weight rapidly allowing them to reach trade weight faster
- No shearing costs as this is a haired breed
- Low maintenance sheep – parasite, flystrike, and lice resistant due to its thick skin – meaning it isn’t limited to the traditional grazing property
- High fertility rates – Glenowra aims to achieve a 140% minimum lambing rate, and are currently running on an impressive average lambing rate of 135%
- The eating quality of Australian White lamb has been likened to Wagyu beef due to its higher-level omega 3 fatty acids and low melting point, making it an ideal premium choice for selective consumers
To find out more, please click here to read the full article in The Land.
To register your interest for upcoming sale information please complete the subscribe form.
Images courtesy of Tattykeel.